Red Queen Quotes

 

Red Queen Quotes

The Red Queen Series by Victoria Aveyard is a thriller like no other.  

Here below i have quoted some of those words that stuck with me throughout the series. In short I think these pretty much sum up the story in the first book. 

What more can i say, Power is indeed a Dangerous Game.



They fight to show us their strength and power. You are no match for us. We are your betters. We are gods. It’s written in every superhuman blow the champions land.
                                            
   In school, we learned about the world before ours, about the angels and gods that lived in the sky, ruling the earth with kind and loving hands. Some say they are just stories, but I don't believe that.
         The gods rule us still. They have come down from the stars. And they are no longer kind. 
                                                                                                                            
But like all Silvers, they don't act out of need. They are driven by want. And what they want they get.
                                                                                                                         
"Safety has a price, girl"
"Everything has a price,girl"
 
He's right. It's cruel to give hope where none should be.

No one notices, no one even cares, when I fade away again. I'm a shadow and no one remembers shadows.

Sharp-featured and blue-eyed, he could freeze fire with his smile

Like with the sparks before, my nerves sing, alive with some inner fire. It moves in me, behind my eyes, beneath my skin, until I feel more than myself. Then it bursts from me, pure power and energy.

They don’t know what you can do.
 I don’t know what I can do.

My ignorance is becoming a theme.

“You will be scrutinized. From now on you live on the edge of a knife. One false step, one wrong word, and you will suffer for it"
                                                                  ~Elara Merandus

With my newly pale skin, and darkened eyes and lips, I look cold, cruel, a living razor. I look Silver. I look beautiful. And I hate it.


You are pretending to be raised Red, but you’re Silver by blood. You are now Red in the head, Silver in the heart.
A shiver of fear shoots through me.
From now until the end of your days, you must lie. Your life depends on it, little lightning girl.

No, I don’t know. I don’t have the luxury of choice. Not now, not ever.

I’m an accident. I’m a lie. And my life depends on maintaining the illusion.

“Likewise, my lady.”
“Don’t call me that.”
“Whatever you say, my lady.”

To look powerful is to be powerful

In the fairy tales, the poor girl smiles when she becomes a princess. Right now, I don’t know if I’ll ever smile again.

“Besides, words can lie. See beyond them.”
                                                                   ~Julian Jacos

“There’s nothing wrong with being different”
                                                                   ~Julian Jacos

“He’s strong, he’s talented, he’s powerful—and I’m his shadow. The shadow of the flame.”
                                ~Maven Calore

“You better hide that heart of yours, Lady Titanos. It won’t lead you anywhere you want to go.” 
                                         ~Maven Calore

“I see a world on the edge of a blade. Without balance, it will fall,”
                                                                                                           ~Cal                            
In the flickering candlelight, our shadows look like monsters on the walls.

This world is Silver, but it is also gray. There is no black-and-white.

"Make no mistake, my girl", he finally breathes. "You are playing the game as someone else's pawn"
I don't have the heart to argue.
Think what you want ,Julian. I'm no one's fool.

This isn't a spark of destruction but a spark of life.

Cal is a cliff and I throw myself over the edge, not bothering to think of what it could do to us both.

My darkness will save them.

They've spent so long at the top, protected and isolated, that they've forgotten they can fall. Their strength has become their weakness.

He knows am sinking fast, a stone dripping through the river. And he wants to drown with me.

“You’ll never lose me.”
 Another lie, and we both know it. 

"What I need and what I want are two very different things."
                                                                                                  ~Maven Calore

He whispers(Cal) again, and the words make me want to fall down and never get u again.
"I wish things were different"

Flame and Shadow. One cannot exist without the other.

I am finally learning my lesson. Anyone can betray anyone.

He gave me exactly what I needed and it made me blind.

Gold and Silver and Iron, dripping from his hands like tears.

The truth doesn't matter. It only matters what the people believe. Julian tried to teach me that lesson before and now I understand it.

He laughs deep in his chest. The little boy disappears, replaced by the king killer again. 
The truth is what I make it. I could set this world on fire and call it rain.”                  ~Maven Calore

"I am the king and you could’ve been my Red queen. Now you are nothing.” 
                                                                                                                                             ~Maven Calore

“Good-bye, Mare.” The smirk is gone and, to my surprise, his eyes look wet. He hesitates, not wanting to go. It’s like he’s suddenly understood what he’s done, and what’s about to happen to all of us. “I told you to hide your heart once. You should have listened.”    
                                                                                                                                             ~Maven Calore

He’s only seventeen, and already a monster.

Many things led to this day, for all of us. A forgotten son, a vengeful mother, a brother with a long shadow, a strange mutation. Together, they’ve written a tragedy




Liked this?
Then you will LOVE this ⁓ Glass sword Quotes

Comments

Popular Posts