Glass Sword (#2 Red queen)


Glass Sword Quotes

Summary(My P.O.V)
Mare Barrow battles on...To Rise Red as the Dawn. As she continues to battle the new Nortan King  mentally and literally, the lightning girl is on a misson rescuing or as some might call it recruiting ones like her, those neither red or silver but stronger than both. All the close calls,numerous deaths and the added pressure of balancing the fisher boy and exiled prince takes it's toll on her, making her quite annoying at times. But she has been running since the day they escaped from her execution and nobody can run for too long...

Note to readers: Don't forget to keep a copy of King's Cage withing your arms reach..Trust me you will be lunging for it the second you turn over the last page of Glass Sword.

I have tried my best to not include spoilers, but i just couldn't decide what to leave behind (well this would explain why i have listed so many below๐Ÿ˜…). These snippets from the book say quite a lot. Their meaning is quite clear to one who hasn't read the book too. What more can i say? Go on!!!



With that one gesture he changed my future, and destroyed his own.

And we share an alliance—an uneasy one forged in blood and betrayal. We are connected, we are united—against Maven, against all who deceived us, against the world about to tear itself apart.

But our mercy has a cost, and it might be our lives.

More missiles drop, but again, Cal contains their power, using it to feed his own. It’s almost beautiful, watching his long arms arc and turn, transforming destruction into protection with steady rhythm.

Flickering flame distorts their features, turning eyes into burning coals, mouths into smiling fangs, and men into demons.

Now my thoughts turn back to Maven himself, to cold blue eyes and the moment I realized his charming smile hid a beast.

What a world that will be, with a monster for its king, and his mother holding his leash.

I must say Farley cuts an impressive figure, wearing her scars and wounds like jewels.


I’ve lived on a razor wire, balancing lie after lie, hiding myself.


Strange, my enemies know me best, and my family doesn’t know me at all.


I have become more, more than we could ever have dreamed. It frightens me.


I’m safer than I’ve been in days, surrounded by the people I love most, and yet I’ve never wanted to cry more. For them, I hold back. I curl inward and bleed alone, inside, where no one else can see.


We seem weak because we want to.


“Yesterday he was a prince; today he is king. I thought he was my friend, my betrothed, but now I know better.”


I am a weapon made of flesh, a sword covered in skin. I was born to kill a king, to end a reign of terror before it can truly begin.


“No one is born evil, just like no one is born alone. They become that way, through choice and circumstance.”


Red running through silver, joining into something darker.


“Admit it, you’ve got a hard time keeping your heart and your head separated.”


I suppose I should get used to being alone too. Not in the world, but in here. In my heart.


Like me, he knows there’s always more than meets the eye, more than we can even begin to comprehend.


“Fire and lightning raised Maven up, and fire and lightning will bring him down.”


“Why?” Kilorn pipes in. “Why give him a choice at all? You said yourself, we need everyone we can get. If this Nix guy is half of what you are,we can’t afford to let him go.”
The answer is so simple, and it cuts me to bone.
“Because no one ever gave me a choice.”


His bright flame has grown dark indeed.


He pastes on a grin that could light the tunnels, but there’s no light in his eyes.


I must freeze my heart to the one person who insists on setting it ablaze.


But like my brother, I too have a crutch. Mine is not metal. It is flesh and fire and bronze eyes.


If. I despise that stupid word.


“I am a man of my word.” He tips his head again. “When I want to be"


Funny, now that I’m dying, my ghosts decide to leave.
I wish they would come back.
I wish I didn’t have to die alone.


“I see the crown dripping blood. A storm without thunder. Shadow twisting on a bed of flames.”


If I am a sword, I am a sword made of glass, and I feel myself beginning to shatter.


I fear being alone more than anything else. So why do I do this? Why do I push away the people I love? What is so very wrong with me?
I don’t know.
And I don’t know how to make it stop.


No one is born a monster.


“No heart can ever be truly understood. Not even your own.”


The thing with heat is, no matter how cold you are, no matter how much you need warmth, it always, eventually, becomes too much.


“I told you once that anyone can betray anyone. I know you remember.” Oh, do I remember. “And I say it again. Anyone, anything, can betray anyone. Even your own heart.”


“Attend to your own fate, Mare Barrow.”
“And that is?”
“To rise. And rise alone.” It echoes like the howl of a wolf. “I see you as you could become, no longer the lightning, but the storm. The storm that will swallow the world entire.”


“No one is born evil, just like no one is born alone. They become that way, through choice and circumstance.”


It isn't hard to let people die when their deaths give life to something else.


But I can’t shake the feeling that, while they stand with me, there’s no one beside me. Even with an army at my back, I am still alone.


“We can’t choose who we love. I wish, more than anything, that we could.”


I bare my teeth in a snarl.
“Lightning has no mercy.”

Next Post : The best from King's Cage (To be published soon)

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts