War Storm (#4 Red Queen)

War Storm Quotes

 WAR STORM 

RISE WITH THE DAWN


It's the final book of the red queen series and am literally crying. Am angry at the author cause it does not have a satisfying ending...Throughout the whole book am like waiting, waiting and waiting and resisting the urge to read the last page of the book. But all in vain, Victoria Aveyard leaves us on a cliff- hanger!

I took a lot longer time to read this, savouring every page, memorizing every character. It was a wonderful treat, this book. It was written from so many people's point of view Mare, Evangeline, Iris, Cal and of course Maven. 

Now many many people hated the way it ended but seriously I think the ending was fair enough. It was quite disappointing yes but am not going to blame the author and expect a fairytale ending. 

But I was saved from the quicksand of Cal & Mare by the knowledge that there existed "Broken Throne"

Overall the book was amazingly amazing and the plot was as good as the other books but with too many bittersweet moments!

So without further ado I present my favourite lines from the final book to the lightning girl's story!!



“You’re right.” Something inside me lets go, allowing the strange dream of Cal’s offer to spiral into darkness. Never to return. 

I will not be a Red queen.


Diamonds born from her broken heart.~Iris Cygnet


For someone called the Flame of the North, his heart is brutally cold.~Iris Cygnet


Ignorance is a burden I  do not intend to carry.~Iris Cygnet


He will do anything to keep his crown.~Iris Cygnet


Such dedication. It's both his greatest strength and his greatest weakness.~Iris Cygnet


Her eyes sharpen, darker in the shadows of the narrow room. They are deep wells I could fall into and never climb out of.~Iris Cygnet


Let them face the flood.~Iris Cygnet


“Love can be exploited, I guess, used to manipulate. It’s leverage. But I would never call loving someone else a weakness. I think living without love at all, any kind of love, is weakness. And the worst kind of darkness.” ~Kilorn 


Slowly, Julian shakes his head. “But there is no completing a puzzle with missing pieces. Or putting a shattered pane of glass back together.”


The unending fear for the people I love, and the people I want to save. It all remains, a constant weight. But I won't let it drown me. 

    I can still hope too.


But we are often made weak by what also makes us strong.~Iris Cygnet


I’ve had only small glimpses into his heart, and they are enough to know that his heart is dead.


“And you know, as well as I do, the crowns we had to destroy to forge our country. How much we had to burn to rise from the ashes.” 


You are the only person I care about, the only person who reminds me I am alive. Not empty. And not alone.


It’s like circling a whirlpool, trying to keep to its edges. To stay within its bounds without drowning.


He is not of his own making. Not entirely. Someone else perfectly cut him apart and poorly put him back together.


“It’s a pity you have no soul, Maven Calore. You could’ve been someone worth saving.”


“Never change, Evangeline.

 Her smile flashes, quick as a knife. 

Of course not. Why change perfection?”


“Good night, Tiberias.”

 Hissing, he clenches a fist. “I really need you to stop calling me that.”

 And I really need you.

 I turn and walk toward my room, my footsteps echoing and alone.


“Don your armor, Iris. Wait for the storm.”~Maven Calore


This is war, Mare Barrow. You risk everyone, every single day.


“We’re choosing not to choose.”

 “That doesn’t sound real.” 

“Maybe it isn’t.”

 But he’s wrong. I can’t think of anything more real than the feel of him. The heat, the smell, the taste. It’s the only real thing in my world.


I hate the waves. They offend me~Maven Calore


“I am different from what my world demands I be. And I am not worse for it.”


She’s here with me still, whether I want her to be or not. I call it a comfort, even when she is anything but.~ Maven Calore


Anyone can be manipulated against their own interests, if given the right circumstance.~ Maven Calore


With a sigh, I try to clear my mind. I focus on her instead. Strange that she is both the anchor against the storm and the storm itself.~Cal


In the shifting candlelight, she looks like flame. Gold and red, with black shadows dancing at her edges.~Cal


“He loved the crown before he loved me, whether he knows it or not”


The look she throws at him could poison rivers.


“The storm has broken, Maven, whether you want to admit it or not.”~Cal


A rat stalking a wolf, waiting for the sliver of opportunity


She has enough fire and enough belief to stir even the coldest hearts.


Cal is built from his father’s dreams, and Maven from his mother’s nightmares.


He's defenseless, at the mercy of those he would never show mercy to.


It’s like trying to read a picture, or smell a song. Frustrating and impossible.


The lie soothes him, enough for him to turn away, satisfied with my safety. 

But there’s always something left to be broken. 


"Everyone is someone else's pawn, Mare, whether we know it or not."


Saying much and still saying nothing at all.


Certainly Mare will suspect. She knows me well enough by now. I might have to kill her, at the end of this.

Her life or mine.

A difficult choice, but I’ll choose myself.

I do it every time.~Maven Calore


Part of me wonders why she is still so transfixing, even though I know she’s my sworn enemy. That I would kill her, and she would kill me. Another mystery of my mind that will never be unraveled.~Maven Calore


She is so stubbornly alive, still burning like a candle fighting against rain. 

“Fine.”

I give her what she wants.

I think it’s what I want too.~Maven Calore


But I catch the minuscule twitch as his eyes narrow. “Look around, Calore. No one wears crowns in my country.”

“So clever,” I muse. “Not all crowns are worn where people can see.”


No person on earth can ignore the lure of a throne.


Mare smiles at them, a true grin. When she moves, I realize her hair is different too. The gray ends are gone, replaced by a beautiful, familiar purple. I love it.


A few hours of fear are worth the dwindling time we have left.


As the train fades to nothing again, beyond my perception, his eyes flutter shut.

 I think he’s saying good-bye. 


"If it isn't to late for me, it isn't too late for you"


“We’re all fools for the people we love, dear,” Mother says airily, clasping her hands in front of her.


I’m well accustomed to darkness by now. What’s a few more miles? 

Nothing at all. I’ve always felt darkness all over me, stubborn as a stain. It follows wherever I go.


I could drop it.

Leave the blade and run.

I could let her live.

Or I could kill her.

The choice is easy.

And so very difficult.

I hold my ground.

My grip tightens on the iron.


We destroy. It’s the constant of our kind.

We destroy, but we also rebuild. 


But I’m learning to live with the anger, to keep it close without letting it eat me alive.



I had to restrain myself from copy-pasting the last whole chapters. They were soooo good and I felt it was very very important to read them over and over again. But, that would be against the rules so that's all for this blog. 


Do stay tuned for more!!!!

 



Comments

  1. I am ordering this books right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your the best person on the whole wide world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts